- Make sure your computer is Pando-friendly. It needs to have:
- Intel Based Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- 256MB or more of RAM
- At least 5MB of free disk space
- A broadband connection to the Internet.
- Go to the Download page of our website. Make sure the Mac radio button is selected. Click the big orange Download Pando Now! button.
- Double-click the "Pando.dmg" file you just downloaded—it should be in your default download folder.
- Read the terms of the license agreement, and click Agree.
- The PandoInstaller window opens. Drag the big Pando icon into your Applications folder.
- Once the file copies (it shouldn't take long at all), eject the PandoInstaller disk image and you’re ready to start!
- Go to your Applications folder and double-click the Pando application you copied into there. If you want it to stay on your Dock, control-click the Pando icon and choose Keep in Dock.
- Try downloading a file. Go to www.pando.com/fromceo and click the orange download button in the Welcome to Pando box.
- When you open the .pando (“dot pando”) file, the Pando application pops open and shows you the file you're about to download. It's a video from Pando's CEO Robert Levitan. Imagine that—your first Pando Package!
- Once the package has finished downloading, you will see the progress bar replaced with a button called Open. Click Open and the video plays. If you had downloaded a different kind of file, say a Word document, MS Word would open. Pando’s as easy as that!
To send files with Pando for the first time, see Sending Files in this Help section.