- Make sure your computer is Pando-friendly. It needs to have:
- Windows XP (original, Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2)
- 256MB or more of RAM
- At least 5MB of free disk space
- A broadband connection to the Internet.
- Go to the Download page of our website or click any of the Get Pando Free! buttons. Make sure the Windows radio button is selected. Click the big green Download Pando Now button.
- Click Run (or Open or Run this program from its current location) to install Pando right away,
- Or, click Save (or Save this program to disk, depending on your browser) to run the installer later. The installer file is called "pando_setup.exe." You can double-click it to start the install process.
- These things might happen: You may get a security warning. If so, agree to install content from Pando. Your computer may prompt you to install a component or two. Agree to that.
- The InstallShield Wizard opens. Click Next >.
- Read the terms of the license agreement, and if you agree, select "I accept the terms in the License Agreement." Click Next >.
- Choose whether you want to install any of the optional plug-ins -- Pando works great as a stand-alone application, but the plug-ins add a little extra by integrating Pando with your e-mail.
- At the bottom of the window, you can see the default location where Pando will be installed. Click Change… if you'd like to choose a different location.
- Click the Install Pando Now button.
- When the InstallShield Wizard is completed, click Finish and Pando will launch immediately. Or, you can uncheck the "Launch Pando" check box before you click Finish to launch it later.
- Launch Pando if it isn't already running. An icon should be on your desktop. Pando was also added to your Programs menu.
- Try downloading a file. Go to www.pando.com/fromceo and click the orange "Download" button in the Welcome to Pando box.
- In the File Download window, click Open. Pando will begin downloading a video from Pando's CEO Robert Levitan. You'll see a progress bar.
- Once the package has finished downloading, you will see an open button. Click it to open the file. In this case, the video plays. If you had downloaded more than one file, the open button would have opened the folder where the files were saved.
To send files with Pando for the first time, see Sending Files in this Help section.