- The installer gives me an error message that it can’t install or uninstall Pando.
- The installer seems to install Pando, but I can’t launch it.
- I double-click on the Pando icon to launch the program. It opens then closes right away.
Installation errors in v0.8.X and v0.9.X are mostly likely due to one of the following problems:
- You did not shut down Pando before installing or upgrading Pando to the new version. Please make sure that Pando is shut down by clicking the Pando icon in your system tray. (Bottom right corner of your desktop for most Windows users). Choose Shut Down Pando then continue with the installation.
- Ensure that your system has the latest software updates from Microsoft for Windows XP by starting Internet Explorer and going to "http://update.microsoft.com".
If neither of these solutions work, you may be installing the wrong version of Pando for your operating system. Check that your computer has the required operating system and software before trying to install Pando again.
A Windows computer is required to have:
- Windows XP (original, SP1 or SP2)
- 256MB RAM
- 5MB available disk space
- A broadband Internet connection
To see what Windows operating system and how much available RAM you have, select My Computer from your Start menu, then “Help" and then “About." To check your available hard disk space, stay in the “My Computer" file explorer and right click the C: drive, and select “Properties."
If the computer does not meet these system requirements you will need to upgrade your computer before you can install and run Pando.