Got a pop-up and event notification that someone sent you a “Pando Package?” That’s the file — or group of files and folders — the sender wants you to receive.
The pop-up notification:
You have three choices:
- “Download” – click this to download the file now.
- “Later” – if you click this the Package will be placed in your Received list. You have 14 days to retrieve it or out it goes.
- “No thanks” means just that. The Package won’t be listed in your Received list.
The event notification:
- Click on the event announcing your new Package. The event disappears from your event listings and Pando’s Package Info window opens.
- Click the download all button to copy the files from the Pando network to your computer. (If you’ve already downloaded that Package, an open button will appear instead). If you don’t want to download the Package, click later. The Package will remain in your Received list.
When a Package is downloading you will see a progress bar.
When the download is complete you get a pop-up notice.
Click the open button that appears near the Package name in either the pop-up notification or the Received list. If there is only one file in the Package, the file will open in the default application for the file type (e.g., Microsoft Word for a .doc file). If there are multiple files in the Package, a directory of the files in the Package will open.
- Select the Package on the Received list that is downloading.
- Click pause at the bottom of Pando's Status window. "Pause" changes to "Resume" so you can continue downloading later.
- To stop the transfer completely, select the Package and click clear. Pando will give you two options: a) clear this item from the list of received Packages, or b) clear the item from the list and delete from your hard drive the portion you've already downloaded
- Click the Pando icon in your system tray.
- Select Pause All Transfers. You can also Resume All Transfers from this menu.